Saturday, December 30, 2017
(USA Today) - An Ohio man shared a heartbreaking post about his daughter's death after she overdosed on heroin on Christmas Eve.
In a Facebook post Tuesday, Tim Sherman of Eastlake, Ohio, shared the story of his daughter Karisten Sherman's struggle with heroin addiction. Sherman said he believed Karisten had been clean for a little over a year when he got a call from police that no parent wants to receive.
"At 5:50 p.m. I got the call from the [Detective] at Eastlake Police that my daughter was found dead in her bed from an overdose," he wrote. "I immediately fell to my knees in the snow and began to cry like a baby. I could not believe that my Tigger had done this."